ClickSoftware Named a Leader in IDC MarketScape for Worldwide Utilities Mobile Field Force Management
Utilities face a market in which regulatory and environmental compliance, costly grid infrastructure projects and customer satisfaction directly threaten profitability and Return on Equity. There are constant challenges to transform service delivery, automate critical activities, and provide visibility into assets and field resources. The best way to create efficiencies in operations is to mobilize the workforce that traditionally works away from the desk. Survey data from IDC Energy Insights indicates Mobile Field Force Management is amongst the top 5 applications utilities intend to invest in over the next 12-24 months. What should you be thinking about if you are planning to mobilize your field workers? According to IDC Energy Insights, Utilities should*:
- “Keep your focus on the business problem that enterprise mobility is helping to solve.”
- “In order to get the most out of mobility, the dimensions to consider are the strategic intent, people, process, technology, and data.”
- “Consider the full suite of possibilities when planning for enterprise mobility.”
- “Make sure mobility is embedded in your enterprise architecture documents and plans.”
- “[Grow] internal capabilities related to organizational change management and vendor management.”
We are thrilled that ClickSoftware has been named a leader in the IDC Energy Insights Vendor Analysis of Worldwide Utilities Mobile Field Force Management Vendors.
*SOURCE: IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Utilities Mobile Field Force Management Software, 2014 Vendor Assessment, Roberta Bigliani and Gaia Gallotti, July 2014, IDC EIOS04W.