5 Tips For Managing Mobility
Mobile Enterprise Magazine is a good place to get familiar with mobile technologies, trends, and useful tips (here’s one article talking about How Do You Choose The Right Mobile Device For Your Workers? which was written by… me!).
In a short article, Susan Nunziata counts 5 tips for better mobility management for IT managers:
- When considering a mobility management solution, look for one that provides you with a holistic view of your entire deployment.
- Look for solutions that enable IT to be proactive, rather than reactive, to mobile users’ needs.
- Make sure you can manage all of your users’ mobile apps and devices remotely to minimize costs associated with having devices returned from the field for troubleshooting or updating.
- Avoid locking into a mobility management vendor that itself is locked into a particular mobile technology or operating system — agnostic is the name of the game.
- The sooner you accept the fact that more employees will want to use mobility at work, and develop a sustainable approach now as to how you’ll accommodate them, the easier it will be to avoid organizational chaos.