Unraveling the Magic of Capacity Planning
When it comes to field service scheduling, the complexity of capacity planning makes looking into the future extremely difficult. Even a crystal ball cannot predict same-day disasters, such as emergencies, changes in priority and unplanned absences. These can often lead to missed appointments and idle time, causing your customers to do the vanishing act.
The only way to awe the crowd is to get smart, anticipate demand and deliver on promised Service Level Agreements (SLAs). Behind the scenes, your planning tool needs to:
- Constantly maintain updated data for actual bookings, information from the field, travel times and demand forecast.
- Run simulated scenarios, calculate and set percentages to see how it will impact your SLAs
- Reduce operational expense by reducing travel costs, repeated visits and overtime
- Communicate the most up to date capacity limitation percentage which will accurately impact the appointment booking process
- Increase service levels while increasing customer satisfaction
With the ability to predict demand, available field resources and time, all optimal service levels can be met every day, everywhere and in any business scenario, and done so by striking that delicate balance between service level demand and cost considerations.
Categories:Workforce Management Trends