Top 28 Mobile Business Productivity Apps
Productivity is an essential component of effective business operations. When you’re lagging behind on projects, disorganized in task management and collaborating ineffectively with your team, performance suffers—and your clients and customers will start fading away. The mobilization of the workforce increases the complexity of staying in control and on top of those never-ending task lists.
Fortunately, mobile apps are starting to catch up to the road-warrior lifestyle. The following 28 mobile applications are designed to make you more effective in business and life in general, with a variety of features and functions that keep you organized and at the top of your game.
1. Meeting Mapper from Point N Time
Meeting Mapper from Point N Time is an iPad app with an intuitive design to help you get the most out of your meetings. Want to make your sales reps more efficient? Boost sales figures? Bring new team members on board with ease? Meeting Mapper stores your essential contact information, keeps meeting notes organized and in a single interface, include photos and more. The Lite version is designed for iPhones, while a full desktop app is also available.
• iPad app
• Intuitive interface design
• Drawing board
• Take and share meeting notes
• Take and share images
• Reports and analytics on meetings and attendees
• $0.99 for Meeting Mapper Lite for iPhone
2. EchoSign for iOS from Adobe
EchoSign for iOS from Adobe makes it possible to sign important documents on the go. With the mobile workforce increasing every day, businesses demand maximum functionality on the road—and that often means important meetings and agreements are conducted on the road. With EchoSign, you can get the signatures you need to seal the deal.
• Send documents from your library, email or other mobile app
• Have docs signed in person on your mobile device
• Secure, authenticated signing process
• Free for single user, 5 contracts per month
• Plans range from $14.95 per month to custom price plans for enterprise level
Work together securely on documents and collaborate with ease knowing your information is secure and only visible to authorized persons with Workshare. Built-in social business tools help you find and connect with experts and unlock your team’s expertise for the ultimate in productivity.
• Easy collaboration among teams
• Secure sharing platform
• Built-in social features
• Pricing information is not publicly available.
When you’re on the road, you probably take a lot of mental notes—and then maybe you forget them. With Evernote, you can jot down notes, save links and images and even documents electronically. All your information is synched automatically and accessible via any device on which you have the app installed.
• Take notes anywhere
• Automatic synching
• Save links, images, notes
• Organize your thoughts into a searchable note database
5. Citrix Go to My PC
Mobile devices have pretty impressive features these days, but they still can’t quite top the full functionality of a desktop computer. With Citrix Go to My PC, you can instantly work on your files, access your programs and connect to your network—from any device, just as though you were sitting at your own desk.
• Remote access to your complete desktop
• Connect to your personal network from anywhere
• Access files, programs and more from any device
• Plans start at $9.95 per month
6. Air Display
Sometimes one screen just doesn’t cut it. With the Air Display app, you can instantly—and wirelessly—turn your smartphone or tablet into a second monitor, and orient it any way you choose.
• Turn any mobile device into an extra monitor
• Landscape or portrait orientation
• Touchscreen operation
• Air Display for Windows: $19.99
• Host Software: Free
Bento is your own personal database, packed neatly into a handy little productivity app. Its functionality is anything but “little,” though, with a variety of templates designed to organize just about any aspect of your life.
• Professional database software for iPad, iPhone and MAC
• List management
• Event planning
• Task coordination
• Variety of templates to organize any aspect of your life
• iPad $9.99
• iPhone $4.99
• Mac $49.00
Cubby is a file-synching software application created by LogMeIn, designed to eliminate the hassles and limitations of other cloud storage services.
• Sync unlimited files across devices without using your cloud storage
• Sync easily with friends and colleagues
• Public sharing option
• Up to 25GB Free
• Pro: $6.99 per month when paid annually
iSimplyConnect offers simple, easy access to your work network via your iPad with enterprise-class security so you can work with confidence no matter where you are.
• Dial-on-Demand technology
• No firewall configuration necessary
• No setup costs or contracts
• 1 to 3 users: $15 per month
• 26 to 50 users: $180 per month
• In-between plans available
10. iWork for iPad
Create beautiful presentations from your iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch or MAC using Pages, Numbers and Keynote. When used in the iCloud, you can create impressive visualizations and presentations from anywhere.
• Create, edit and access spreadsheets, documents and presentations
• Work anywhere with iCloud
• Works with iOS devices
• $9.99 each (Pages, Numbers or Keynote)
• Powerful editing features
• Dropbox support
• Variety of supported formats
• Android: Free
• iOS: $12.99
12. Priority Matrix
Get things done with Priority Matrix, a productivity application that helps you manage tasks, visually organize lists, create pro/con comparisons and more.
• Visually organize and manage lists
• Create agendas
• Prioritize with labels and color coding with the Priority Matrix
• Available for iPhone, iPad, MAC, Windows and Team
• $29 to $99 per year depending on usage needs
Control your PC or MAC remotely with LogMeIn using your mobile device. Use all your programs and applications, get HD quality sound and video streaming and more, all as though you were sitting directly in front of your desktop.
• Transfer files between computers
• Link your cloud services for ultimate access to all your docs
• Attach files to emails with ease
• Access all your apps on the go
We all come across intriguing news articles and valuable information that we want to digest while we’re on the go—but since we’re on the go, we can’t give it our full attention at that moment. Pocket removes the hassles of relocating all that information by letting you quickly and easily save web pages, articles, photos and more to view later.
• Save directly from your browser
• Save info from other apps, such as Twitter, Flipboard and Pulse
SignEasy makes it easy to get essential signatures on the go. Negotiating your next big deal in the local coffee shop? No need to wait to return to the office to sign on the dotted line.
• Get legally signed documents using your smartphone or tablet
• Text, initials and date stamp options
• Multiple signature capabilities
Orchestra is packed with features to make you more productive at work and play. Orchestra forwards tasks from your email inbox so you don’t miss a beat, automatically syncs between the web and mobile app and reminds you of regular, recurring tasks so you don’t miss standing due dates and events.
• Capture your to-do list on the fly with voice recognition technology
• Set recurring tasks so you don’t miss due dates and bill payments
• Forwarding from email to tasks
• Automatically syncs between Web app and mobile app
• Share lists and collaborate with other users in real time
Brewster functions like a mobile rolodex, giving you greater control over all your contacts in ways never before possible. Find out what’s going on among your network, such as who’s changing jobs, moving to another city and other important life events. Sync all your contacts from various sources and make connections you never realized with smart lists.
• Smart lists help you connect dots and visualize relationships
• Enhanced search functionality for finding info in an instant
• Identify trends and keep tabs on your networks like never before
Trello is the ultimate planning app, letting you organize your work day, complete projects or even map out life goals.
• Intuitive interface
• Cross-team collaboration with real-time status updates
• Variety of uses, such as lesson planning, newsletter preparation, note-taking and more
19. Uber Conference
Simple, visual and free calling makes conferencing on the go a breeze. Whether you need to have a quick meeting between flights or a full-out conference with a larger team, Uber Conference has you covered.
• In-call interface lets you know who’s on line at all times
• Record calls for later reference
• No PIN number hassles for users with Caller ID
• Social integration
• Basic accounts: Free
• Pro accounts: $10 per month
Mint is the go-to application for enterprise financial management on the go. Securely connect your financial programs for easy access and control over your accounts from within a single application.
• Secure integration of various financial accounts
• One password to access all your financial details
• Set budget goals and create financial plans
21. WebEx by Cisco
WebEx by Cisco combines virtual meetings, file sharing and collaboration features in a single application. Share your desktop for visual demonstrations, record meetings for future reference and host dynamic webinars for marketing and training.
• Apps available for Blackberry, Android, iPhone and iPad
• Deliver online training and e-learning
• Host informative webinars for inbound lead generation
• Reliable security, scaleable network
• Offer remote technical support to clients and customers
• Basic Plan: Free, up to 3 people per meeting
• Paid Plans range between $24 and $89 per month depending on attendees and other needs
Customer support is everything in today’s complex business environment if you want to keep up with your competitors. With apps like Desk.com, you can offer exceptional service through automated customer support ticket processes.
• Complete organizational system for escalating issues and filtering cases
• Gain customer insights
• Labels and custom fields for easy searching
• Bulk updating and case history functionality
• Starter Plan: $27 per year for 3 agents
• Plus Plan: $29 per month, per agent when billed annually ($39 when billed monthly)
Pushover integrates with tons of other applications to enhance push notifications on your mobile device. That means you stay on top of your tasks, remain productive and get through your day without missing important events.
• Real-time notifications to Android and iOS devices
• API for integration into your web app or shell script
• HTTP libraries in practically every programming language
• No custom modules to install
• No monthly subscription fees
• Users receive unlimited messages for free
Catch is an easy-to-use application for note taking and cross-team collaboration. A Capture Wheel lets you gather ideas and inspiration through text, photos, checklists and voice memos.
• Capture Wheel for gathering ideas and inspiration
• Add content to your ideas from any device—online or offline
• Invite others to collaborate on ideas and projects
A simplistic yet highly effective app for iPhones, Clear takes to-do lists to the next level while still maintaining the simplicity necessary for ease of use.
• Simple, colorful interface
• Reorganize and insert tasks with a simple swipe
• Drag-and-drop functions for re-prioritizing tasks
• $1.99 in the App Store
• $6.99 in the MAC App Store
A simple reminder app for web, Google Chrome, Android and iPhone, Any.do keeps you on top of your tasks and priorities with automatic syncing and easy collaboration.
• Syncs with web, Chrome and device apps
• Share to-do lists with your team for easy collaboration and project management
Fantastical is a calendar and personal assistant in one for event coordination, scheduling, task management and general productivity. Use your contact lists from Contacts (Mountain Lion) and Address Book (Mountain Lion and Snow Leopard) to send individual and mass event invitations.
• Invite contacts to events
• Schedule events, tasks and milestones
• Easy to use
For the ultimate in contact management, AddAppt keeps your mobile, desktop and iCloud contacts up-to-date, displaying the current local time for every contact so you never call a colleague or client at the wrong time.
• Maintains all contacts up-to-date in a single interface
• Local time displays for contacts
• Allow specific contacts to update their contact info automatically
• Easy-to-use interface
*BONUS* – ClickMobile
In addition to these incredible applications to make your professional life and your company flow with ease and efficiency, ClickSoftware offers a host of solutions to completely manage your mobile workforce. ClickSoftware lets you engage with your customers in real-time, manage schedules more effectively than ever before and much more. For a completely scaleable mobile workforce management solution, ClickSoftware is the ultimate in productivity applications. Take control of your mobile teams—and the future of your enterprise—by making use of modern applications that help you stay at the top of your game.