SAP Summit Demonstrates Value of Workforce Scheduling and Optimization
By Martin Cole
ClickSoftware played a central role at the recent SAP Best Practices for Oil and Gas Summit in San Antonio. We were special guests during the keynote by Isabella Groegor-Cechowicz, Vice President, Head of IBU Oil and Gas Industry Solutions. This along with mentions in other breakout sessions steered many of the 300 plus attendees to the Accenture sponsored Day InThe Life demonstration where our SAP and Accenture joint Workforce Scheduling and Optimization offering was showcased.
The solution extends the power of SAP’s technologies (including ERP, HCM, and Hana) to provide an end-to-end offering for mobile oilfield services organizations. The audience learned how oil and gas service providers and owner operators can vastly improve operational awareness, efficiencies and streamline the process of taking in, assigning and closing out work. The joint offering even went a step further to support collaboration between owner operators and service providers, manage personnel competencies and accessibility to field resource while also vastly improving awareness of field activity and collection of operational data.
To find out more about the interest the summit and keynote presentation attracted, we recommend two excellent sources:
- The blog by Brent Potts, the Senior Director, Industry Marketing – Oil & Gas at SAP
- The keynote presentation given by Isabella Groegor-Cechowicz and featuring Ken Landgren Solution Director, Upstream Oil & Gas at SAP Labs and John Pavel Senior Executive at Accenture.
Workforce scheduling and optimization technology addresses key operational challenges within the diverse and resource-challenged oil and gas industry by distributing work details to the field while also easing the collection of field data for integration to back-office systems. This approach enables field service operations to move away from legacy scheduling tools that are often disconnected, inflexible, and resource/time intensive.
This evolution has provided major benefits for several ClickSoftware oil and gas customers:
- Improved operational awareness through absolute visibility of all field resources and work
- Increased precision levels that support distribution, collection and analysis of critical field data
- Greater insight into trends and needs
- Consistency and control in delivering services to address business needs and goals
- Streamlined process to accept in, assign, track and close out work
- Support a single centralized facility to manage all field resources (personnel, crews and equipment)