iPhone presents the greatest smartphone security risk to the enterprise – survey says
iPhones present the greatest smartphone security risk to the enterprise, according to a recent survey from nCircle, a network security and compliance auditing firm.
The survey included 257 security professionals answering questions about mobile devices and other security topics.
Key findings include:
- 57% believe that the iPhone carries the greatest security risk
- 39% ranked Google Android as presenting the highest risk
- 28% named Blackberry the riskiest
- 13% ranked Nokia as having the highest risk
- 58% of respondents have a corporate smartphone security policy in place
- 65% of enterprises with a smartphone security policy enforce it
Of course, it’s important to remember that this survey took place before the release of iPhone OS 4.0 which seems to address many of the enterprise/security related issues.
It would be interesting to see how such kind of survey would result in a year from now.
Read more about it in here.