ClickSoftware Announces Mobility Suite v8.1.1
As promised, we announced yesterday the 8.1.1 version of the Mobility Suite, here are the details of the press release:
Gartner Wireless, Networking and Communications Summit, San Diego – April 20, 2010
ClickSoftware Technologies Ltd. (NasdaqGS: CKSW), the leading provider of workforce management and optimization solutions, debuts a major upgrade to its Mobility Suite at this week’s Gartner Wireless, Networking and Communications Summit in San Diego. The solution is the first specifically designed for service businesses to fully leverage the growing innovations of today’s mobile ecosystem.
This new version combines the power of sophisticated mobile applications, with the flexibility of an enterprise mobile system, built on top of an expandable mobile platform. Aligning customized business needs with hardware usability requirements, its configuration tools and integration models allow the technology to mature with changing business rules. Organizations can use their mobile hardware of choice – from cellphones, PDA’s and smart phones to BlackBerry’s, tablets and laptops – and operating systems, such as Microsoft’s Windows Mobile – without costly, frequent replacements and infrastructure re-engineering.
New features include:
- A new user interface, optimized for today’s growing line of tablets and large-screen handsets
- Improved emergency handling, including an efficient push mechanism and messages prioritization
- New additions to the “single click” functionality, now encompassing camera, bar codes and more
- Expanded Dynamic form capabilities, including regular expressions, complex validations and context sensitive scripts
- Enhanced integration capabilities with SAP HCM, Material Management, SAP CATS and PM by utilizing SAP NetWeaver PI
“We have listened carefully to our customers and industry analysts and our latest release enhances key areas such as location awareness services, support for touchscreen devices, widgets and, of course, tight integration with backend systems,” said Hannan Carmeli, President and COO of ClickSoftware. “Businesses can fulfill their mobility needs both today – and long down the road – with a solution well ahead of the steep innovation curve of ever-changing mobile technology and platforms.”
Connecting Businesses, Field Service Teams – and Customers
ClickSoftware’s Mobility Suite is now used by tens of thousands of mobile workers across many industries, including utilities, telecomm, capital equipment and home services, to increase productivity, streamline delivery and reduce overall costs. Recent customer wins include Southern California Gas Company (SoCalGas) and San Diego Gas & Electric (SDG&E), OnStream, Rok, ETSA Utilities, Cable & Wireless and Portugal Telecom.
It erases major communication and information gaps limiting how field-based employees and business serve customers, promoting collaboration at all critical touch points of the service lifecycle:
- Field technicians can complete more service requests, with all the information they need at their fingertips. Jobs are automatically pushed within seconds to their mobile device, and technicians can electronically capture customer data, perform intelligent data validation through the use of dynamic forms, barcodes, RFID and cameras – avoiding hours of traditional paper-based administrative reporting and common human errors.
- Businesses can make faster and more accurate decisions as a result of the increased control and visibility over field activities. Information about consecutive jobs can be automatically pushed to technicians’ mobile devices, including any notes from previous visits, site maps and product information. Job, timesheet, customer information and asset inspection can then be fed back into an organization’s ERP, CRM, asset management and other back-end systems.
The ClickSoftware Mobility Suite is available in three versions: Advanced Edition, BlackBerry Edition and the Foundation Edition. Extensive support for the iPhone OS, Android based devices, Palm Pre and BlackBerry smartphones, is slated for release later this year.