Benefits to Automated Shift Rostering
Author: Asi Barak, Director of Product Management
A Rostering (or scheduling) system is a crucial tool for managing and operating service units or shift employees.
The system components
Rostering systems are comprised of several main components:
- A mathematical engine for forecasting the distribution of the WFM’s service based on past data, for future planning of the necessary amount of HR.
- A tool for planning and building an optimal shift structure, for the placement of a required amount of HR.
- A tool for assigning resources to shifts according to each and every resource constraint and preference.
- A management tool for real-time monitoring, which provides control and monitoring of the planned HR roster and of the different forecasted parameters against the actual situation.
- An employee portal module which allows workers to be updated on shift times, switched shifts, constraints and preferences for a shift, and more.
The Roster system: benefits
The following table presents the system’s main benefits for the organization:
|Increasing operational efficiency||Saving time and improving work methods||
|Increasing management control||Monitoring||
|Receiving a concentrated picture||
|Increasing satisfaction||Customer satisfaction||
The ultimate significance of all of the above benefits is a drastic reduction in costs. Studies conducted in this field point out that the return on investment in implementing a roster system is achieved within a time frame of less than a year, with actual profit for the organization after the first year of implementing the system. In addition to the cost savings, organizations that automate scheduling will also experience in customer service levels.
Categories:Workforce Management Trends