SAP SAPPHIRE NOW, A Scheduling Story
Author: Mark Walls
It’s SAPPHIRE eve and attendees are busy building agendas and finalizing schedules for the week. I’m using a combination of Outlook and event agenda builder system to sorted and optimize my show schedule. It’s a static scheduling system – with desktop and mobile access.
Essentially, I’m acting as my own dispatcher & mobile worker in one — controlling my schedule that involves where to be and when so I can: staff the booth, attend sessions, grab a Starbucks, attend pre-scheduled meetings and determine which topics to discuss and when.
So how could I improve on this? A couple ways:
- Gain visibility into other calendars or agendas
- Have alternative meetings suggested if someone cancelled
- It’s big conference, believe me, route planning would help
- Plug-in meeting agendas and corresponding tasks
These features can be found in SAP Workforce Scheduling and Optimization by ClickSoftware (SAP WSO) which offers dynamic scheduling and optimization solutions. By simply leveraging mobile, maximizing backend systems like Hana, HCM, and Outlook, and using GPS data my personal SAPPHIRE ROI would be very high.
Stop by booth 1727 and see how my idea works for some of our customers. Or better yet, come hear how our customers are using SAP WSO to improve customer service, reduce operational costs, better adhere to compliance regulations, and generally expand business operations.
- Tuesday, May 14 11am-12pm: The Art of the Possible Scheduling Options Scheduling continues to be one of the hottest topics in SAP Maintenance. Many planners struggle to aggregate demand and resource related data from numerous sources into a single scheduling tool.
- Thursday, May 16, 12-12:45pm: Improve User Experience, Customer Service and Worker Safety This discussion focuses on how to enhance user experience, customer service, and field-worker safety. Learn how SourceGas, a natural gas local distribution utility, uses the SAP WSO by ClickSoftware to gain these improvements.
- Thursday, May 16 2-2:30pm: Conduct Business in the Moment with Your Customers A discussion on utilizing compelling, real-time contextual experiences. Use Big Data insights to deliver a high level of service and stay relevant in a competitive market.
- Thursday, May 16 3-3:45pm: Empower Your Mobile Field Force This discussion offers methods to help your field service engineers increase productivity.
- Thursday, May 16 4-4:20pm: Automate the Field Service Process for Stronger Results Meet demand and improve customer satisfaction by taking your field service operations to the next level. See how your field services workforce can use the latest innovations to create competitive advantage and enhance every customer interaction.